Commonage Registration Guidelines & Required Documentation:
A copy of valid Passport; Birth Certificate; National Insurance Card
Any male or female above the age of eighteen who is a biological descendent of Harbour Island may register as a commoner.
- Once registered as a commoner, notice of registration will be issued.
- In the event of a rejected application, applicants have the right to appeal to a stipendiary and circuit magistrate. The application process may be repeated after an interval of one year.
- The successful applicant shall be eligible for property consideration in the commonage according to guidelines stipulated in The Commonage Grant of July 1st, 1842.
Financial Responsibility: $125.25
- Non-refundable process fee: $5.25
- Due on approval of Application: $120.00
Annual Membership Fee:
- 18 to 59 years old: $100.00
- 60 years old and above: $50.00
All commoners are required to familiarize themselves with commonage Grant, Act and bylaws and shall be subject thereto.